As someone who lives in a the deep dark land of Canada, where all of our time is spent huddling in our igloos chewing beaver fat to stay warm, the appearance of summer is always a bit of a surprise. Lo and behold, my mind is boggled as per the seasonal mind bogglement, and life continues.
Good stuff of summer:
- Wearing sunglasses that are far too big for my face. Not sure whether I do it ironically or not.
- Collapsing in grass on multiple occasions, and varying times, with different cool people.
- Sleepily collapsing in the grass of Queen’s Square (a slightly sketchy park uptown) with Will and Julianne, only to have our comatose state interrupted by a random dude rocking out in the bag pipes.
- Wearing happy summer time clothes.
- Frolicking in the sunshine.
- The approaching Summer break.
Dear Random Bagpipe Dude,
we appreciated you.
Love, The Teenagers Who Clapped Every Time You Stopped Playing The Bagpipes And Encouraged You To Continue Playing.
The Annoying Stuff of Summer:
- Having to shave regularly again. Sometimes being a brunette sucks…
- Impending exams. I complain about these often, and will continue to until they actually happen, at which point I will find something else to complain about.
- Sunburns gained while the school choir waited for Prince Charles and Camilla to show up so that we could sing for them. Painful, awkward choir dress shaped tan lines! Woot!
- It’s nearly summer and I still haven’t gone through with some legal name changing documents that I need to have happen, nor have I even typed up a resume, much less applied anywhere. Sadly, the job opportunities in my town for a fifteen year old are pretty scarce and mostly composed of working at McDee’s or Tims. Not exactly what I had in mind.
All this said, I’d say the good greatly out weighs the bad.
How is the weather in your parts?