- Exempting an exam is so so so so completely worth it when you can smile at your other friends with a little smirk. Not to mention one less exam to study for.
- Knitting makes everything better. I would suggest that right before exam day everyone learn to knit, so we can blanket the school in fuzzy soft happiness. Knitting soothes, so I knit during exams, in between exams, during lunch and when I should have been studying for exams. It was completely worth it.
- Hanging out with the IB kids and exchanging pickup lines is probably one of the most fulfilling ways to spend a lunch hour when you should really be studying.
- Equally fulfilling is coloring with crayons and a veggie tales coloring book with the IB kids during lunch when you should really be studying.
- When your Social Studies teacher, instead of telling you that you mysteriously missed some work (even though you were there for it, and have been working your butt off in that class) just decides to lower your grade average from a ninety something to a eighty five keep your patience and wait until you can vent with your over achieving friends who can commiserate.
- When you finish your exams and realize you have a seven day weekend the feeling of bliss is just a bit overwhelming.
- When you start your seven day weekend and realize that you actually are going to have a social life this break instead of hiding out in your room with your best friend the internet the entire time the feeling of ‘why the hell am I not being anti social as per the norm, this is weird if enjoyable’ is just a bit overwhelming.
- When you wake up two days into your seven day weekend and realize your nose is full of grossness and your voice sounds like a cross between batman and gollum less the cool the feeling of ‘words I can’t say on my blog because my dearly beloved relatives read it’ is just a bit overwhelming.
- Sherlock is amazing amazing amazing amazing and holy the first episode in the new season was a just a little bit amazing.
- Baking gingerbread, no matter the time of year, will lead me to the steep and slippery slope of singing Christmas Carols out of season.
I think Sherlock has the right idea.