Here’s to ya 2011… (and if it’s true that the state of your house on the eve of a new year dictates how your life will go for the following year… I am so screwed.)
It’s a new year. Wow. There were a lot of things that I liked about 2010, and a lot I didn’t, but the positive overwhelms the negative. So. Here’s a list of things that have really stuck out for me during this last year.
- I have a cousin.
- I flew across Canada -and back- all on my lonesome.
- I got a room of my own, and (with the help of my lovely relatives… especially my grandmother, mother, and aunt.) decorated it to suit me.
- I was in a ap-co Interaction play.
- I watched the only two plays I have ever seen this year. (Interestingly enough my Grandma Margaret was there for both of them, and she lives on the other side of the country, so what are the chances?)
- I’m beginning to feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin. I still don’t always like being me, and have lots of those wonderful ‘did I really just say that out loud’ moments… but on the whole I feel more like I’m not always second guessing myself.
- I’ve progressed in my art quite a bit. I’m working out a sort of a style (sort of), and slowly becoming less of a wannabe-anime artist. I’ve also dabbled with the whole digital art aspect of things as well. Which reminds me, I should post some of it on here when I get the time.
- Along with the whole Interaction, and feeling less awkward thing, I’m making more friends.
- My relationship with God, and so on is… I dunno. Becoming a bit clearer I suppose. Not all, or even most, of it, but the basics… those are pretty steadfast. I don’t really blog about my spiritual beliefs too much, and I have friends who are all over the spectrum of where they stand with god, but I believe in someone in there, someone who really cares. Music is a great thing for worshiping I find- not necessarily worship music either.
- I will be fourteen in seven days. This doesn’t really get me super excited, but I am looking forward to it.
My new years resolutions.
- to become more peaceful
- more creative
- and to spend time on the things that matter.
Now. These have nothing really to do with new years, but my aunt said she would kill me if I didn’t post a tour of my room. (she also wanted pictures of our bathroom, but it’s too shameful- I’ll send them in a email to her instead.)
It’s a little past twelve. Happy New Year!